The BNC is delighted to announce that the next BNC Gives Back Charity Day will be taking place on Friday, 20th October 2017.
Partnering with Thames21, a charity that works with local communities to help improve rivers and canals for both people and wildlife, we will become part of their clean-up team for the day!
What to expect:
We will be working alongside Thames21 to help clean up the river banks of the Thames (at Battersea Bridge) during low tide, collecting rubbish and helping to clean up the local environment.
What do I need to bring?
All necessary equipment (wellies gloves etc) will be provided for all BNC volunteers
There is no cost to attend but you can make a donation to www.thames21.org.uk should you wish to do so
Who are Thames21?
Thames21 mobilise thousands of volunteers every year to ‘clean and green’ the capital’s 400 mile network of waterways and it’s now time for the BNC to get stuck in!
Join us as we do something positive for a good cause!
Make new friends and connections and enjoy an event industry networking event of a different kind!
Please email [email protected] (do also note that we have a limit on spaces available).
The BNC Gives Back
BNC Gives Back is where BNC members - that's corporate and agency event management professionals - and event industry suppliers join forces to do good for charitable causes in the UK and abroad.
Following the initiative’s launch at the Barbican in June 2016, we have helped more than 15 charitable causes with events like:
- a networking day at the Interchange, Camden, where event organisers from 10 charities brought their event management issues in front of BNC members for round table discussions
- a networking forum in Lisbon, where two Portuguese charities were our guests for the day
- fundraising raffles at BNC Grand Dinners, raising several thousands of pounds
- collections of toiletries from guests at BNC Event Shows which are then donated to cancer and homeless charities
- we also give our members a platform to raise the profile of their own chosen charities, through shout-outs in our newsletters or articles in our BNC Event Shows’ guide, Showboat
In the near future BNC Gives Back volunteers will be meeting along the River Thames to do a morning's clean-up (organised by Thames21) plus more charity event management networking days and hands-on helping days painting and doing gardening and DIY are in the pipeline.
There are plans for a committee to be formed and a BNC Charity Ball.
If you would like to come on board with ideas, practical assistance or donations, please talk to [email protected] 020 7583 8635
If you are a charity that is in need of help, please get in touch today.
Are you an event organiser? Venue, service or supplier?