We’re looking for an organised individual with excellent attention to detail to join our Event’s team. We are a highly motivated and passionate team of five, in 2020 we delivered just shy of 250 digital and face-to-face events, reaching more than 18,000 delegates.
The role holder will support the smooth planning and delivery of our events programme for 2021. You will work with teams across the organisation to support and provide cohesive content across a range of face-to-face, webinar and social media events.
We need someone who is
An excellent communicator and able to liaise confidently with members and colleagues at all levels
Has an ability to manage workload, identifying priorities and time management concerns
Highly organised with a keen eye for detail
Quick thinking, proactive and calm under pressure
Proficient MS word, Excel and PowerPoint user
Demonstrated administration experience
Ability and flexibility to work out of office hours including evenings and weekends
What we offer
We have a friendly and collaborative work environment with an attractive remuneration package. Benefits include excellent work life balance (35 hour work week & flexitime), professional learning and development opportunities, 33 days’ holiday, with the option to purchase additional annual leave, multiple discounts from major stores, Ride2work, interest free season ticket loans and enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay. We host regular social events and you can get involved in our diversity and inclusion groups, and charity fundraising initiatives.
We continue to support our employees to work flexibly and from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. When our London office re-opens, there is an expectation for this role to work from our London office on occasions where there is a need to do so, however the majority of the role can be done at home during this time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates and people of all abilities.
1. Day to day management of the Events Teams email inboxes, incoming phone enquiries and other administration activities as required
2. Awareness of all activities and events being undertaken by the Events Team, to ensure excellent customer service and knowledge when responding to phone, email and face-to-face queries from a range of stakeholders. Deliver excellent customer service at all times, including via phone, email or in person, to optimise the member and delegate experience throughout
3. Prepare and proof event communications and resources. Including but not limited to event websites, registration pages, delegate communications, speaker presentations, event set up etc
4. Create new and maintain event webpages and banners ensuring they are always on brand and up to date with the latest and most relevant information
5. Process delegate registrations and monitor payments; manage invoices and receipts, liaise with finance as appropriate
6. Work with Legal to facilitate review and approval of supplier contracts in a timely manner and in line with internal policies
7. Facilitate the smooth delivery of live events; both digital and in person, including managing event technology and troubleshooting issues
8. Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders engaged in the Society’s events programme including colleagues across the organisation in England, Scotland and Wales, Board Members and local coordinators; external colleagues collaborating on events; event sponsors. exhibitors and speakers
9. Produce event evaluations and reports, including obtaining delegate and client feedback
10. Attend regular team meetings and pre-event team briefings; contribute to new ideas and suggestions; and support the testing and implementation of new processes This list is a summary of the main accountabilities of this role and is not exhaustive. The role holder may be required to undertake other reasonable duties from time to time.
• effective administration ensuring smooth flow of work within the team
• to contribute to the overall success of the events programme through proactive management of Delegate registration and event administration
Core responsibilities for this job
• personal responsibility
• consistent administrative support
• weekend and evening hours will be required in this role. Time off in lieu or overtime will be offered Based on event type
Knowledge & skills for this role
• Excellent communicator and able to liaise confidently with members and colleagues at all levels in both verbal and written communication (essential)
• Ability to manage workload, identifying priorities and time management concerns (essential)
• Highly organised with a keen eye for detail (essential)
• Quick thinking, proactive and calm under pressure (essential)
• Proficient MS word, Excel and PowerPoint user (essential)
• Demonstrated administration experience (essential)
• Experience in an events environment (digital or face to face) (desirable)
• Experience of event management systems (desirable)
• Ability and flexibility to work out of office hours on occasion including evenings and weekends (essential)